General Election 2018
Please see the Results below.
Key Events Timeline:
- General Election Process Begins, Nomination Packets Available (Declaration of Candidacy) Monday, August 20th 2018
- Packets due back Friday, September 21st
- Final Candidates posted: Sunday, October 7th 2018
- Last day to request an absentee ballot Tuesday, October 23rd 2018 by 5 PM PST
- Candidates Night: Tuesday, October 30th 2018 and is scheduled to start at 6 P.M. and scheduled to end at 9 P.M.
- General Election, Tuesday, November 6th 2018. Polls open at 8 AM and close at 8 PM
Please note even though the election ordinance says you must get a sign off from all the Tribal organizations, a Tribal Council resolution from 2016 changed the rules to say "a candidate only needs to get financial sign off from the Tribe".
Per the Round Valley Indian Tribes Constitution - Article VII, Section 4:
Section 4. Nominations. Any qualified tribal member may nominate himself or herself as a candidate for Tribal Council by submitting his or her name along with ten (10) signatures from tribal members to the Election Board. All other procedures of nomination including timeframes, official nomination forms, and verification of signatures, shall be conducted in accordance with an election ordinance adopted by the Tribal Council.
A potential nominee can pick up a nomination packet from the following people:
- Tribal Council - Secretary Lewis "Bill" Whipple
- Round Valley Indian Tribes - Executive Secretary, Alberta Azbill (8 A.M - 5 P.M., Monday - Friday [except Holidays or Administrative days])
Absentee Ballots - Requests
Please print and fill out the following form for an absentee ballot request: Absentee Ballot Request form, and send it to the following address:
Attention: Election Board Round Valley Indian Tribes 77826 Covelo, CA 95428
In person, Monday Through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, excluding Holidays and Administration Leave.
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email needs to clearly be your email address, for example: if your name is John Doe something like this will work: email@example.com).
The last day to request an absentee ballot is Tuesday, October 23rd 2018 by 5 PM PST
Final Candidates List
The following is the list of final candidates, alphabetical order by last name:
- Stephanie Britton
- Otis Brotherton
- Wesley Card
- Rosalie Cordova
- Marline Fulwider
- Douglas Hutt
- Eugene "Geno" Jamison
- Lewis Lincoln
- James Russ
- Robert Whipple
- Kathleen Willits
The following is the list of the candidates, alphabetical order by last name, with their vote counts, winners in Bold text:
|Candidate Name||Vote Count|
|7.||Eugene "Geno" Jamison||089|
|Total Walk-in votes||298 (2 spoiled)|
|Total Absentee votes||30 mailed out, 20 returned (1 spoiled)|